This NOVA Job Center provides support, structure, and resources designed to assist the job seeker in their job-search efforts.
NOVA Job Center
1777 Borel Place, Suite 500
San Mateo, CA 94402
Monday – Friday; 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Job Search Resource Center
Job seekers can use a variety of tools in the resource center to assist with job search:
- Computers with internet access, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Access to MyPlan job-search tools
- CalJOBS and online job boards and labor-exchange sites
- UI Online
- Labor market information
- Information and referrals to partners and community resources
- Fax machine, printer, scanner, and copier
- WiFi to access online resources from your own devices
Career advisors work one-on-one with job seekers through each step of the job-search process, in such areas as:
- Identifying concrete next steps in your job search.
- Exploring career options.
- Targeting companies.
- Customizing a résumé to a specific position.
- Strategizing how to complete an employment application.
- Role-playing an interview.
- Reviewing networking techniques and brainstorming networking opportunities.
- Gaining courage to conduct informational interviews.
- Crafting thank-you letters and ideas for following up after an interview.
Above all, our career consultants provide encouragement and help you remain focused toward finding your next job.
Workshops are available to assist job seekers learn to navigate the job-search process from writing a résumé and basic job search to networking and interviewing.
Skills & Behavioral Assessments
ProveIt! — an online assessment tool that offers a full range of quality assessments from software applications to functional job skills — is available. Interested individuals should speak with a career advisor to determine how to access these assessments.
Job Board & Employer Presentations
Employers from throughout the region share job openings, which are posted online and on a job board in the office. Local employers also hold recruitment and information sessions at the job centers.
When funding is available, NOVA can provide assistance with training for customers who meet eligibility requirements and who need additional skills to return to work or to change careers. Job seekers who are interested in training can request additional information from a career advisor.