The NOVAworks Job Center offers a wide array of employment services to help veterans with their job search, including helping those recently separated from military service, in transitioning into civilian occupations.
Veteran Priority of Service
As a veteran or eligible spouse, you are entitled to receive priority access to services available through the NOVAworks Job Center, which includes:
- Three-hour “veterans only” pre-registration for workshops through NOVAworks' online system
- Priority access to drop-in career advising
- A 24-hour “veterans only” hold on all new job orders received by the CalJOBS labor exchange system
- Specialized employment and training services to veterans by trained veterans representatives
- Referrals to supportive services
- Assistance with re-training / skills training when funds are available
We found ourselves in the position of needing to downsize. NOVA came on site and helped us look at resources, including training, to assist our workers in obtaining new jobs. They were instrumental in a smooth transition during this difficult time.